Hi guys, how are you all doing, han? You know what there are times when we are happy and suddenly somebody bump into us and start comparing us with others, which ultimately ends up making us feel sad. Do you know why this happens? Because, comparison is the thief of joy. The moment you start comparing yourself with something or somebody, it marks the beginning of your journey on the road of sadness.
Most of us are always up to know what’s the other person is doing in life, what’s going on in his/her life, etc. and once we get to know about the same, we start comparing, knowingly or unknowingly. This practice makes us feel unsatisfied in life. It is a common scenario. But, we have to stay away from this vicious circle of comparison to save our happiness. Trust me, there lies nothing in comparison.
To save yourself from the impact of comparison, you just need to understand that everybody is different, are leading different lives, have gone through different experiences, made distinct moves, belong to different backgrounds, possess a different mindset etc. When everything is so different between others and you, then how can you even think of making a comparison or giving importance to what others say after comparing you to somebody else? Why go nuts because of such kind of useless practice.
Instead, when you find somebody trying to make a comparison, just say it clearly that you want to focus on your life, lead it in your way, without pondering about what your classmates are doing, you relatives’ children are doing etc. Life is yours to live and make decisions that result into what you really want out of your life. Don’t ruin it by going after somebody else and trying to copy them to emerge as better, when you compare.
Here are some reminders that can make you feel better when you are feeling low due to some sort of comparison done by you or somebody else:
- Not all that you see is reality.
- Don’t make your peace so approachable.
- Train yourself to focus on yourself and the things that matter to you.
- What somebody else is doing in life is none of your business.
- At the end everybody will die, so don’t waste time proving something to somebody. Instead live your life to the fullest.
- Life hasn’t been easy for anybody ever. It’s just that we choose to see the blooming, rewarding, or progressive side of others and forget to notice what all they have gone through in life to reach there.
- Every individual is different.
- Last but not the least, nobody can take your place in life.
So, the crux is instead of focusing on what others are doing in life, focus on what you really want to do in this life. Life is to live and not to compare the self with others. Thus, stay happy, keep going and appreciate every little thing you do in life.